The Contra Costa Shark Tank Youth Competition is a fun way to promote youth entrepreneurship which teaches important life skills including perseverance, self-confidence, and financial literacy.
When young people succeed as entrepreneurs, they improve their own lives while also contributing to the economic development of their local communities. The competition is designed to encourage young people to consider themselves entrepreneurs and submit new business ideas or share existing business ventures that would benefit from additional funding. No idea is too small.
Take a chance and share your entrepreneurial vision with us and what it would mean for you to win the first Contra Costa Shark Tank Youth Competition!
- All students (Kindergarten – 12th grade) in Contra Costa County may apply.
- Limit one application per business.
- If a team is applying, one team leader must be designated.
Competition Timeline and Details:
- September 2023 – Application opens
- November 15, 2023 – Application deadline
- Nov. & Dec. 2023 – Finalist Selection Committee reviews applications
- January 2024 – Finalists announced
- February 6, 2024 – Finalist Pitch Event at the Lafayette Library.
Winners receive $1,000 (first place), $500 (second place), $250 (third place). Prizes distributed in the form of Visa cash cards.
Applications will be evaluated based on the applicant’s enthusiasm for entrepreneurship, how the business is presented, the viability of the business, and how the prize money will be used to launch a new business or grow an existing business.
Questions? Email: [email protected]