An updated list of October events in Contra Costa County. Lots of Halloween themed events this weekend to go along with plenty of live music at local establishments.
Also, be sure to check out our local pumpkin patches at G&S Farms, Smith Family Farms and Three Nunn Farms — more info on hours and happenings.
Also accepting events in November and December — please email [email protected]
Live Music & Events List
- Oct 26 – Tommy, Dave & The Chandeliers at WiseGirl (Pleasant Hill)
- Oct 26 – Jazz in the Courtyard w/wine pairing & Shuck It Oyster Bar (Martinez)
- Oct 27 – Duo Sonic at Serendipity Cellars ((Brentwood)
- Oct 27 – Groove Doctors at WiseGirl (Pleasant Hill)
- Oct 27 – HWY One Band at CoCo Wine Co (Brentwood)
- Oct 27 – Halloween Part at Del Cielo Brewing (Martinez)
- Oct 27 – Retroween with No Doubt Tribute + Shark in the Water at Retro Junkie (Walnut Creek) – more info
- Oct 28 – Fall Fun Day at Serendipity Cellars (Brentwood) — more info
- Oct 28 – Halloween Party at Five Suns Brewing (Martinez)
- Oct 28 – Howl-O-Wine Party with Frank Favalora Winery (Livermore)
- Oct 28 – Planting Seeds at Mike Hess Brewing (Walnut Creek)
- Oct 28 – Cruche à Vin Tap Event at Hannah Nicole Vineyards – tickets & more info
- Oct 28 – The Party Mix at Coco Wine Co (Brentwood)
- Oct 28 – Family Halloween Night at Wisegirl (pleasant Hill)
- Oct 28 – Retroween w/Michanical Manson & Pumpkin Heads (Walnut Creek) – more info
- Oct 29 – Frankie G at Smiths Landing (Antioch)
October Community Events
Oct. 26 – Hops for Hospice
Please join us for a fun-filled evening of BBQ, Brews, Music, Auctions and Community. Let’s celebrate the many programs and services that make Hospice East Bay so unique as we raise a glass while raising funds to support compassionate, community-based end-of-life care. Cheers!
- Thursday, October 26, 2023, 5:30-9:00 pm
- Location: Side Gate Brewery & Beer Garden, 1822 Grant Street, Concord
- Tickets: $95: Your general admission ticket includes event entry, dinner, and drinks. Event features a silent auction, live music, photo booth, and indoor and outdoor seating.
- VIP Tickets: $125: With your VIP pass, you’ll have access to an exclusive VIP loft with reserved tables. Each ticket includes event entrance and access to the live music, photo booth, silent auction, and unlimited BBQ and brews. Please note the VIP loft is only accessible via stairs (limited tickets available).
- To purchase tickets please visit our event site.
Oct 26: Soroptimist International of the Delta Halloween Bingo Hoedown
Ticket includes: Dinner from Holy Smoker, 10 Bingo Games and Dessert. Costumes Prizes, Raffle, and no host bar. Must be 21 or over. Join us for an evening of spooktacular fun and games. Tickets include 10 Bingo games with cash prizes, dinner from Holy Smoker, Dessert, and Costume Prizes. We will also have a no host bar and an amazing Raffle with lots of beautiful baskets. Tickets & more info, click here
Oct. 26-27 – Antioch Fall-O-Ween
join the City of Antioch at the Antioch Water Park for our fourth annual Fall-O-Ween event. From our maze and pumpkin patch to our character plaza and costume contest, you won’t want to miss out on all the spooky fun! Enjoy face painting, carnival games, crafts, an obstacle course, and even float with pumpkins. Be part of our costume contest or our pumpkin carving contest for a chance to win exciting prizes! Each child who enters will receive a candy bag and a pumpkin while supplies last. More information about this event can be found at https://www.antiochca.gov/fall-o-ween-2/
Oct. 27 – Treats at the Streets of Brentwood
Join the Streets of Brentwood on Friday Oct. 27 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm for a free trick-or-treat event. Fun for all ages.
- A FREE Pumpkin with a $10 receipt from any Streets of Brentwood retailer*
- FREE Treat Bag**
- Trick-or-Treat at our stores***
For more information: Click Here
Oct. 27 – Walnut Creek Boo Bash
Join us for TWO ghoulish extravaganzas as we celebrate Halloween in Downtown Walnut Creek on Friday, October 27, 2023
Get into the spooky spirit on Friday, October 27, 2023 during Walnut Creek’s Boo Bash. We invite you and your little ones to trick-or-treat through downtown at participating businesses during a Spooktacular Stroll from 12pm to 3pm, hosted by Walnut Creek Downtown Association.Afterward, head over to Civic Park from 3pm to 6pm where the fun continues with a Trunk Or Treat brought to you by Walnut Creek Arts + Rec. Be sure to mark your calendar to wear your best costume and head downtown to enjoy these ADMISSION FREE events.
Oct 27 – Pleasant Hill Rec Haunted Trail
Spine-tingling sights and sounds await you on the Haunted Trail in Pleasant Hill Park! This Halloween-themed stroll is a frightfully fun trick-or-treating park-in-the-dark adventure that you and your family will not soon forget. All ages are welcome. Costumes are strongly encouraged. Not too scary! The event will be held from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at Pleasant Hill Park.
Oct 28 – C.A.S.T. For Kids (Los Vaqueros)
This is a C.A.S.T. for Kids event designed to provide children with disabilities, ages 7 – 17, the opportunity to enjoy a quality outdoor recreational experience through the sport of fishing. Take to the water with C.A.S.T. for an unforgettable morning of fishing and boating.
Our C.A.S.T. for Kids events include lots of fun and celebration! You can expect 2-3 hours of fishing, a delicious lunch and an awards celebration where your child will receive a personalized plaque. The event will start at 9:00am and will end at 2:00pm. Please note a parent or guardian must be present with your child for the entirety of the event.
If you are volunteering for this event, you should expect about 5-6 hours of time at event, arriving before participants, and staying after to help wrap things up. This is a day of fishing the children, families, and volunteers will never forget!
For more information: https://castforkids.org/event/losvaquerosreservoir/
Oct. 28 – Brentwood Hometown Halloween
Join the Brentwood Chamber of Commerce in downtown Brentwood on Saturday, October 28 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm for Hometown Halloween. The community is invited for trick-or-treating and visit local businesses.
For more information: https://www.brentwoodchamber.com/events/details/2023-hometown-halloween-12593
Oct. 28 – Hot Rods 4 Paws Car & Bike Show
Join Furry Friends Pet Relief for its Hot Rods 4 Paws Benefit Car & Bike Show in downtown Antioch from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Hot Rods 4 Paws is always a fun family friendly event. We will have awesome cars vendors, pinup contest, adoptions and a DJ.
Furry Friends Pet Relief aids over 3,000 pets in the Bay Area to stay healthy with low cost to free vaccines, preventative medical assistance, micro-chipping, and low cost – free spay and neutering. They also hand out FREE food during the week to anyone in need. All in the efforts to keep pets in the homes that love them and out of the shelters.
- When: Saturday, October 28th
- Event Begins:10:00am and goes till 3:00pm
- Car PRE-REGISTRATION: $30 on line at hotrods4paws.com
- Car Show Check-in – Day of Reg $35 per car: 9:00am – 10:00am
- Where: Historic Downtown Antioch – Rivertown 708 West 2nd Street Antioch, CA 94509
- Website: hotrods4paws.com
Calendar of Events
- 10:00 – 4:00pm Trunk or Treating and Store – to -Store
- 11:30 Pet Costume Contest
- 12:00 Kids Costume Contest
- 1:30 Pin Up Contest
- 3:00 Awards
For more information on Furry Friends Pet Relief, click here
Oct. 28 – Pawstoberfest (Brentwood)
This fall, the Delta’s hottest new nonprofit, Ruff Day Rescue (“RDR”), is pleased to introduce a new dog- and family-friendly event for the entire community!
“Pawstoberfest” will offer various dog-related activities and festivities on Saturday, October 28th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Veteran’s Park in Brentwood, CA. Admission is FREE, and all donations and proceeds will directly support RDR’s ongoing rescue operations for homeless, abused, and/or abandoned dogs in the East Bay Area. Last year alone, RDR saved over 250 dogs, and that number is growing exponentially as more and more people are returning to offices post-pandemic and finding they can no longer care for the animals they adopted while working from home.
This inaugural year’s Pawstoberfest attractions will include food and beverage vendors; craft beers and local wines; local artisan, business, and nonprofit tables/booths; puppy pen; doggie costume contest and parade; live music, lawn games (for both dogs and humans!); raffle prizes, and much more. People can attend Pawstoberfest whether registered or not, although the first 250 people to register online will receive a free commemorate beer mug or wine glass, which can be picked up at the RDR check-in booth on the day of the event.
Oct. 28 – Pittsburg Halloween Bash
Oct. 28 – Antioch Rivertown Trunk or Treat
Join downtown Antioch for Halloween trick or treating. More info to be released.
Oct. 28 – Serendipity Cellars Fall Fun Day
Join Serendipity Cellers for its Fall Fun Day from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Enjoy the tasting room to try our delicious wine! Check out all the different tasting experiences that we offer Here. This will include an array of vendors, entertainment, food truck, activities for kids and let’s not forget everyone leaves with a PUMPKIN! Click here
October 29 – Concord Police Trunk or Treat Event
- We’ve got several fantastic food vendors serving up delicious treats.
- Games, face painting, and goodie bags galore! It’s going to be a blast for kids of all ages.
- Meet our incredible police K9s and witness their incredible skills.
- Get revved up as we showcase our awesome police motorcycles!
- And the best part? It’s all FREE!
Oct. 28 – Antioch Trunk or Treat (Council of Teens)
The Antioch Council of Teens is gearing up for their Trunk or Treat event held on Saturday, October 28th, from 4PM – 7PM at Delta Bowl. We’re calling all ghouls, ghosts, and generous hearts to volunteer and dress their trunks. Ready to join the fun? For more information and sign up, click here
Oct. 29 – Pride of the Delta Antioch Kiwanis Restaurant Tour
Please come out and support the Kiwanis Club of the Delta-Antioch while enjoying our local restaurants.
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world one child and one community at a time. Our Motto is “Serving the Children of the World”. Kiwanis donates $1000 Scholarships to each local high school, sent $5000 for Ukraine refugee relief, supports The Elderly Wish Foundation, Veterans, The Snug as a Bug program and annually sends $1000 to the Kiwanis Family House to help families impacted by medical emergencies. Tickets: click here
Oct. 29 – Dia de los Muertos (Brentwood)
A fun filled afternoon celebrating our traditions of Día de Los Muertos where we honor and remember our passed loved ones. We will have food trucks, merch vendors from all over, parade, car show, live music, art expo, kids activities, Aztec dancers, folklorico ballet, DOTD Altar contest and Catrina contest. Join us at 786 Brentwood Blvd, Brentwood.
If you would like an event to be considered for this list, email [email protected]. Or, visit our events calendar. You may also add an event directly by clicking here