On November 23, 2023, at about 7:45 PM, the Pleasant Hill Police Department received a 911 call of a vehicle that collided into the entrance of Kohl’s, located at 2302 Monument Blvd.
Within minutes, officers arrived on scene and located an unoccupied vehicle and extensive damage to the east doors of the business. The business was closed at this time and no employees or customers were present.
During the preliminary investigation, officers discovered three subjects wearing masks entered the business and left with merchandise. The three subjects fled Kohl’s in a white sedan prior to police arrival.
This investigation remains active at this time. If you have any information that may assist investigators, you are encouraged to contact the Pleasant Hill Police Investigations Bureau at (925) 288-4630.
Note – this incident occurs day after Governor Gavin Newsom announced the California Highway Patrol (CHP) is increasing statewide efforts to combat organized retail crime as the annual holiday shopping season begins. As part of the Governor’s Real Public Safety Plan, the CHP is increasing its law enforcement presence in key retail districts across California and its Organized Retail Crime Task Force (ORCTF) is increasing enforcement efforts through proactive and confidential law enforcement operations with allied agencies through the holidays — keeping more shoppers, merchants, and retail districts safe.
“When criminals run out of stores with stolen goods, they need to be arrested and escorted directly into jail cells. Leveraging hundreds of millions of dollars in law enforcement investments, the California Highway Patrol — working with allied agencies — is increasing enforcement efforts and conducting and supporting covert and confidential takedowns to stop these criminals in their tracks during the holiday season, and year-round.” — see full story
- Nov 17 – Organized Retail Theft Operation Recovers $350k in Stolen Merchandise
- Nov 7 – Concord Police Arrest 13 in Retail Theft Operation
- Nov 2 – Police Say Men Convicted in Retail Theft Hit 6 Brentwood Stores
- Oct 30 – Two East Bay Men Convicted of Robbery in Organized Retail Theft Series
- Oct 26 – Select Committee on Retail Theft Created
- Oct 20 – Four Arrested for Organized Retail Theft in Walnut Creek
- Oct 12 – Pleasant Hill Retail Theft Operation Nets 11 Arrests