The Richmond Police Department announced that in partnership with the El Cerrito Police Department they arrested a suspected serial armed robber.
The suspect, a 32-year-old resident of El Cerrito, was taken into custody without incident at her residence in El Cerrito.
A search of her residence resulted in detectives locating a firearm, an illegal assault rifle, and numerous other items of evidence. The suspect is accused of committing seven armed robberies throughout the area, including three in Richmond and four in El Cerrito.
She is facing charges of armed robbery along with several felony weapons violations.
Recent El Ceritto Robberies (unknown if they are related to this case)
- 2/1 – 2000 El Cerrito Plaza (Ross): At approximately 1:53pm, two suspects stole miscellaneous clothing and walked towards the front doors of the store. One of the suspects brandished a black handgun that was in his waistband, at Loss Prevention employees who attempted to stop them. — call log
- 2/5 – 11687 San Pablo Ave (Valero): At 4:55 pm, an unidentified suspect robbed the cashier at Valero at gunpoint. The suspect was last seen on foot northbound on the San Pablo Avenue. — call log
- 2/6 – 11775 San Pablo Avenue (Frannie Express Hawaiian BBQ): At approximately 7:47 PM, an officer reports a suspect entered the business and brandished a firearm at the cashier and demanded cash
Recent City of Richmond Robberies (known if they are related)
- 2/11 – Officers responded to the 000 block of Bissell Ave for reports of a robbery. The victim reported that they had just left the store when a suspect approached them. The suspect struck both victims in the head with an unknown object. The suspect then stole the victim’s purses and shopping bags, fleeing on foot. Both victims sustained injuries and were transported to a local hospital for treatment. The area was checked for the suspect, but they were not located. — call log
- 2/11 – Officers responded to the 900 block of 23rd St for reports of a robbery. The officers located the victim and determined the victim was in the parking lot of the business when the suspect approached him. The suspect told the victim he was going to rob him. The victim refused to give the suspect his property, and a fight ensued. During the fight, the suspect produced a firearm and struck the victim in the head with it. The suspect then fled the area in a vehicle. The victim was provided medical attention. The suspect was not located during an area check. # 1159
- 2/16 – Officers responded to the 1200 block of San Pablo Ave for reports of a robbery. Officers contacted the clerk, who indicated that three suspects entered the business. One of the suspects simulated having a firearm, while two other suspects stole property from behind the counter. All three then fled the area. Officers checked the area but were unable to locate the suspects. #131